Because giving back is fashionable.

Bahamas Weekend

By mollie — January 08, 2013

Happy 2013 to you! I’m so excited to be starting another new year. All of 2012 was incredible, it was an exciting year of travel and lots of learning for me. I have a good feeling about this upcoming year and am narrowing down all my goals for myself personally,¬†professionally¬†and for my blog.

I kicked off the year with a cruise to the Bahamas– if you’ve never been on a cruise I highly recommend it! This was my first time and it was an all around excellent experience. Easy, relaxing and exciting, the ship stopped in Nassau for a day and then a private island called Great Stirrup Cay for a day. I’m really hoping to travel more in this year, being abroad and in different places helps remind me how big the world really is.

Packing for this trip was pretty straightforward…

• Bathing Suits
    • Flip Flips
    • Shorts
    • Tank Tops
    • Sunglasses
    • Sunscreen
    • Ponytail holders
    • A Beach Bag
    • Camera

I drew packing inspiration from my friend and fellow blogger Hitha from Hitha on The Go, she inspired me to try traveling with one suitcase AND carrying it on. I realize to some of you that’s not a big deal but for me, this was huge! It was my first time never checking a bag. I’m happy to report it wasn’t as scary or has difficult as I thought it would be.

Tank top Kelly Wearstler (c/o) // Levi’s shorts // Old Navy classic flip flops // FEED Projects bag // AJ Morgan sunglasses¬†// Pictures via Grant Landram Photography

Maybe it’s just me but I figured I had to get a picture of my toes in the sand…the nail polish I’m wearing is from Julep and it’s called “Ivy”. Julep colors are so awesome, not only for their unique color but they seriously last for a long time. With all the walking in the water and on the beach, the color never chipped!

One last picture of some pretty seashells that were being sold along the water. Happy new year all, stay tuned for more posts and some exciting things on my blog this month and year. I also wanted to close with a quick thank you for being so awesome and for reading my blog!

Like What You See?

Sign up for insider fashion tips straight from Mollie.

(11) Readers Comments

1. January 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM

SO much fun (and you look gorgeous, as always!). I need some warm weather soon...time to travel. :) xoxo

2. January 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

So. Jealous. Looks like an amazing time and happy you got some sunshine in! :-) Love that Julep color too! <3 Amanda

3. January 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Mollie thanks so much for the inspiration! I have never been able to travel light but would love to make this a goal for my next vacation. {Live Beautifully}

4. January 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Great job, Mollie! I'm so proud of your packing skills :)

• January 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Thank you!! Seriously, you inspired me! :)

5. Amanda J.
    Reply →
    January 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM

LOVE the Kalik in that one photo...the most refreshing drink out there! Glad you had fun!

• January 9, 2013 at 6:16 AM

OMG yes! It was delicious! :)

6. January 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

simply perfect, Mollie! you look amazing...and so delightfully relaxed! Glad you enjoyed!

7. January 10, 2013 at 4:24 AM

LOVING these photos! That Julep color is gorg!

• January 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thank you so much! Grant knows how to snap great photos :) I LOVE the Julep color, I'm kind of obsessed!

8. January 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I'm trying to get better about "over packing" and using items in different ways to get the most use out of them.... it is def nicer to only have one bag! Good work! let's see if I can do that for Fashion Week!! (worth a try....) Hope you are doing well! Happy 2013!!!